Resources for the Premature Infant
Click on the links below to view pdf articles
- An article explaining the need for family‐centered care in the NICU and after discharge. Explains preterm outcomes and how holistic care, including complimentary medicine, is important in improving outcomes for premature infants.
- Recognizing the Potential Effect of Stress and Trauma on Premature Infants in the NICU: How Outcomes are Affected?
- Helping Parents Survive the Emotional “Roller Coaster Ride” in the Newborn Intensive Care Unit
- Realities of a Premature Infant’s First Year: Helping Parents Cope
- Gastroesophageal Reflux in Premature Infants
- Dental Problems Related to Prematurity
- Evidence-Based Practice Within Discharge Teaching of the Premature Infant
- Attachment and the Special Needs Child
Cobedding Your Premature Babies
- Hearing Screening Program for NICU Babies
- Infant Massage
- Kangaroo Care
- Positioning Your Preemie
- Understanding Pain In Premature Infants
- Understanding RSV and the Premature Infant
- Understanding the Need for Parent Support in the NICU
- Feeding Issues in the NICU
- Feeding Issues after the NICU
- Dads Can Attach Too!
- References: compiled with the help of Helen Harrison.